Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Brotherly Love




I’m sure every parent that has an older child gets the same question when a new baby comes into the family. “How is He/She with the Baby?”… “How is Levi with Luke?” I know firsthand that older siblings can get very jealous and be mean to the younger ones. I was the younger of two brothers and being 4 years apart all I did was bug my older brother and his friends. Interests were different and they wanted nothing to do with me.

But Levi is a completely different when it comes to Luke. He genuinely loves Luke with all of his heart and seeing Luke’s response you know he loves his big brother as well. Tiffany and I constantly find the two boys on the floor playing with each other, whether they are pushing cars on the floor or making noises in their indoor tent. It’s an awesome site to see. One of my favorite things is when Luke mimics the noises Levi makes which eventually turns into a “who can scream louder” match.

We Pray that when Ben joins the family the two older boys won’t leave Luke out all the time and that they all get along very well. But regardless, they are brothers and they will all love each other.

No comments: