Friday, June 1, 2012

Extreme Makeover Bedroom Edition


So now that we have two boys that are going to share the same room we struggled to find a way to make sure they both had a place to sleep. Before Levi had this cars room and the original plan was to purchase another bed for Ben... But turns out it would have taken up most of the floor space. So I did some brainstorming and found some cool plans I was able to change up to fit the room and with Levi and Tiffany's approval I was given the ok to take on a renovation project all on my own.

So, while Tiff and Levi were in China picking up Ben I got to work. Here is what the room originally looked like. We spent a lot of time on the Cars room so we were sad when we sold the old furniture and panted over the hand painted checker boarder.


Then I started out with some raw materials and started cutting and sanding.


Then I was able to start assembling. With some more cutting and sanding when I got bored.


Then came the Painting.


Now finish the Fun Parts. Stairs and Slide.


More Detailed painting on the walls and it almost complete.


Now the final, most important ingredient. The Children.


They Love it.

Thanks to Jake, Sam and Hunter Press for coming over and watching Luke so I could complete the project before the boys got home. Also Thanks to Don Wenzel for helping me spray on the clear finish coat.

1 comment:

Fay said...

This is awesome. You did a great job Eric. I'm sure all three boys will enjoy it.